Stránky

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Best Leading Actress 2008

5. Anne Hathaway - Rachel Getting Married
In don't understand it. Why every independent film has realistic performances, but too dull and boring? Rachel Getting Married, Winter´s bone and so on. Hathaway is not bad, but you will forget her performance a few weeks after watching the film, just like you won't remember the film itself...

4. Angelina Jolie - Changeling
I always found that Jolie played her character more as a potential Oscar nomination for her and not as a real human being. That's the reason she overacted sometimes, but I can't say she was bad. She played even worse than in Changeling, so this was actually one of her best performances, but still too Oscar-wanting...

3. Melissa Leo - Frozen River
A great performance in a great independent film. Leo's performance was very realistic and she seemed to me like she was not even playing, so great she was! Her performance has got a strong dramatic depth and I believed her whatever she did. I can't even say which her scene was the best or even better than the others, because every one scene was incredible. I'm just sorry for the strong competition...

2. Meryl Streep - Doubt
I didn't even hope that Doubt could have been so excellently played. Everyone played it as greatly, as it was possible and so Meryl Streep did. As a strict and authoritative teacher and nun with a great accent she gave definitely one of her best performances and I loved her throughout the whole film.

1. Kate Winslet - The Reader
Kate Winslet is actually my favourite actress, so I know what she is able to do. But in The Reader I was very surprised. I don't know, whether she was leading or supporting, but I don't care. She could very easily overact, but it could have not been Kate Winslet. She played it amazingly and her accent was as great, as I could not believe that she is not a German. I say:"BRAVO!" to this extraordinary performance...

1. Kate Winslet - The Reader
2. Meryl Streep - Doubt
3. Melissa Leo - Frozen River
4. Cate Blanchett - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
5. Sally Hawkins - Happy-Go-Lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment