Stránky

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Best Supporting Actress 2011

5. Octavia Spencer - The Help
She is very talented and I would like to see her in a dramatic role. But here she does something, I call "comedy overacting". That´s exactly what Adam Sandler (or Eddie Murphy) does in his comedies and that´s the reason, nobody finds these comedies funny. And so Octavia Spencer does this and destroys her character with this...


4. Berenice Bejo - The Artist
Berenice Bejo is really charming playing the likable character of Peppy Miller, but I found her performance a little bit lackluster, especially next to the entertaining Jean DuJardin´s performance. She should be much more overacting in a silent performance like this...


3. Janet McTeer - Albert Nobbs
Very good performance by Janet McTeer. She certainly knows, what she´s doing, but it´s clear to everyone, that she is not a man. How can the other characters in Albert Nobbs be so blind and not to see in. McTeer´s behavior is too womanfully to be really convincing...

2. Melissa McCarthy - Bridesmaids
McCarthy completely understood what is funny. It´s not about overacting. It´s all about being "real" and the audience is going to roll on the floor laughing. I think all of the comedians (or many of them - Sandler, Murphy and so on) should learn from McCarthy´s performance...

1. Jessica Chastain - The Help
Chastain gave a depth into this (not very well written) character and I simply loved every moment, she was on the screen. While I was watching her scenes, I was screaming (just like she was in one of her scenes): "This is so much fun!"

My Nominees:
1. Jessica Chastain - The Help
2. Melissa McCarthy - Bridesmaids
3. Mia Wasikowska - Albert Nobbs
4. Sandra Bullock - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
5. Demi Moore - Margin Call

2 comments:

  1. Well, Chastain is also my pick! She's so great in The Help! I'm a bit sad for Bejo, I think her performance is underrated. She's not as great as Dujardin for sure, but She's the light in the movie, and the fresh air. I love her a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bejo was very good, but as I said in my review: she should overact more in a silent movie, but that is just my opinion... :)

      Delete