Stránky

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Best Supporting Actor 2011

5. Nick Nolte - Warrior
Many people think that Warrior is an excellent film. I don't think it's somehow extraordinary, but it certainly is very good and likable. Nick Nolte's performance in Warrior is really very good. His scenes are probably the best of the film and it's Nolte who makes them so good. But some scenes was overacting and they seemed to me unrealistic. That's the reason he's the last...

4. Jonah Hill - Moneyball
I really liked Moneyball and I loved everything about it. And so I loved Hill's performance. I really liked the way he played this role. He knew exactly, what he is supposed to do. He was never overacting and he didn't try to steal the movie for himself. And maybe that was the reason I really loved every moment of his performance. He was completely realistic and mad Peter Brand a real person, not a movie character. And we can not see it every often these times...

3. Christopher Plummer - Beginners
I didn't enjoy Beginners very much. It's not a bad film, but it's a little bit boring. Some ideas are really original and funny, but the thing I liked the most on it is the performances of Melanie Laurent and Christopher Plummer. His character could have been very simply overacted, but Plummer never fails to give a realistic and very convincing performance. I really think that without him the film would be worse...


2. 
Max von Sydow - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Though many people say, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is Stephen Daldry's worst film, I think it's as good, as his previous films. And I really liked all the performances in the film (yes, even Thomas Horn) and Max von Sydow wasn't an exception. His mute character is very likable and charming performance and his scenes are the best of the film. I really am sorry for not giving him the win...



1. Kenneth Branagh - My Week with Marilyn

I have never seen Sir Laurence Olivier in any film so far (I know, shame on me), so I can't say, if he was good in imitation of Olivier, but his performance is perfect alone, not just in comparing with Sir Olivier. Branagh's scenes are just brilliant. His character's passion for the directing is wonderfully acted and never fails to be convincing enough. Really excellent performance by a great actor playing another great actor...


My Nominees:
1. Albert Brooks - Drive
2. Kenneth Branagh - My Week with Marilyn
3. Max von Sydow - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
4. Christopher Plummer - Beginners
5. Jonah Hill - Moneyball

1 comment:

  1. I can't agree more! I'm not that fond of Plummer performance, and Jonnah Hill's nomination is a joke!
    Kenneth Branagh is also my pick. In a very limited role, he gives a very layered performance!

    ReplyDelete