Stránky

Saturday 27 August 2011

Best Leading Actress 2007

5. Ellen Page - Juno
This could have been much worse, but even much better. This role is full of dramatic depth, but even full of a great comedy. But Ellen shows only the comic part. She doesn't play Juno like a real character, like a real person, but just like a funny film character. I enjoyed the film and I enjoyed Juno's sarcasm, but it was more because of the screenplay than because of her.

4. Laura Linney - The Savages
This is a prototype of a great realistic performance by a great actress. She and Philip Seymour Hoffman are the reasons of the feeling of sadness and humor at once. She only has pity that this was a really strong year in this category.

3. Julie Christie - Away from her
This is such an extraordinary performance. I can very easily imagine how this role could have been played very dully, but in Julie Christie's hands it was an interesting and likable character. The scenes with her husband played by Gordon Pinsent are wonderful and they made Away from her unforgettable.

2. Cate Blanchett - Elizabeth:The Golden Age
Every Cate Blanchett's performance is an excellent experience. She always takes the best from herself to play her character as great as it gets. I must say that I haven't seen the first Elizabeth film yet, but in The Golden Age she is just lovable. And this performance (just like any other of her performances) you just have to see.

1. Marion Cotillard - La vie en rose
To be honest, I have to say that when first saw La vie en rose I was very disappointed by Marion Cotillard's performance. "She only gave much of makeup on herself. Nothing else." That's what I was telling myself. When I saw it for the second time I was telling: "OK, she was not so bad." But when I saw it for the third time, finally I understood what is so great about her performance. She greatly copied the moves of Edith Piaf, but it doesn't mean that it's all she did! She did not play Piaf. She was Edith Piaf. What I thought is a make-up was actually the great face-play of Marion. Bravo!

My Nominees:
1. Marion Cotillard - La vie en rose
2. Helena Bonham Carter - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
3. Cate Blanchett - Elizabeth: The Golden Age
4. Julie Christie - Away from her
5. Laura Linney - The Savages

1 comment:

  1. Bravo!! por el comentario de Marion, pero Helena Bonham Carter en segundo lugar??

    ReplyDelete