Stránky

Sunday 11 September 2011

Best Supporting Actress 1968:Kay Medford - Funny Girl

What to say about this performance? It´s another example of a very misunderstood nomination by me. You know, Medford appears in the film many time, but always just for a few minutes, so she doesn´t even have very much to do.
But even though I think, that this character has got a great potention to be very funny, but Medford doesn´t use this potention. She has got some wonderful line, that were meant to be funny, but from Medford´s mouth, they only seem normal, in some cases even boring.
You know, this is that kind of a performance, which you forget after a weak after watching the film. I don´t understand, how could she get the Academy attention. I don´t know, if it is because she was overshadowed by Barbra Streisand, but I always found her performance extremely uninteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment